Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Carly's Birthday Gift - Decoupage Wall Lettering


I combined coordinating scrapbook papers and wooden letters to make a gift for my precious little sister's 17th birthday.  I painted the letters white (for some reason, white spray paint totally didn't work on these - I guess it's because of the cardboard-esque texture), then traced the letters onto paper and cut the paper letters out and affixed the paper to the fronts of the letters.  After that I decorated each letter with various notions using regular white Elmer's Glue.  Finally, I covered the letters with the shiny Mod Podge and glued them to a length of ribbon.


Materials: Letters, Scrapbook Paper Pads, Glossy White Acrylic Paint,
Mod Podge, Scissors, Ribbon, Pencil

The cutest wooden letters at Michael's.  $2 each.


All the different types of Mod Podge.  I actually ended up
using the Shiny type, which was $7.99/16oz.

Most of the thick ribbon spools were $3.99.
I decided I couldn't go wrong with a basic white.

Scrapbooking Paper $19.99






No comments:

Post a Comment