Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wiz Khalifah Yellow Lamp

Color scheme inspired by Wiz Khalifa

I remember this ugly thing from our old, old house that we moved out of when I was 12, so you know it's ancient.  And when I found it, it was in my dad's man-cave, which has been unkept since he's been gone.  Not that it was so neat and tidy before anyway - 'cave' is an appropriate term.  Then I found out that it belonged to Dad's dad, PawPaw, so yes.  Old.  But the colors were what was fugly, and I could tell the texture would be lovely.  One coat of white paint, one coat of yellow, minor touch-ups, and a coat of clear acrylic, and voila!  A gorgeous addition.


This isn't pretty.  Very fitting for a Paw Paw, I guess.

At first I had envisioned it in white, so I used acrylic paint for the first coat.
I figured either way it needed that first coat of paint.

Also I just got Hipstamatic and I've been playing around with it.

More Hipstamatic shots :)

Once I decided to paint the table (on the left) yellow for the dahlia design,
I knew that I would do the lamp in yellow as well.

One coat of yellow American Painter.


Antique-y

The little black dot is an accent thingy, I decided against using them, but they were cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment