Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wiz Khalifah Yarn Wreath for Mom

I'd heard of yarn wreaths before, but it wasn't until I saw my friend Kim's adorable one on FB that I decided to go for it.  I made it to match all the other cute office stuff I've been making for Mom.  She's the perfect recipient for things I've made.  Have you ever met her? She's so sweet and kind and beautiful and friendly.  Maybe you exchanged pleasant small-talk with her at the grocery store.  Anyway, she's pretty swell.

Small Wreath - $4.99
Yarn - $2 (lots left over)
3 Sheets of Felt (black, white, green) - $.59/sheet
TOTAL PRICE: about $10 after tax

Not the cheapest craft ever, but I love the whimsical look of the yarn and the felt flowers. It makes me nostalgic for a time I don't know if I even remember... like in the movie The Virgin Suicides (which sounds morbid, but if you saw it you know what I mean).

Tons more pictures after the jump.  Because I'm a tiny bit obsessed with my Hipstamatic.
















No comments:

Post a Comment