Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Paper Flower Birthday Card


These paper flowers are SO SIMPLE to make.  I'm a smitten kitten.  I made this card on the fly for my cousin's birthday, and it literally took me 5 minutes.

I picked 3 papers from a coordinating 5"x7" stack, and a blank card that matched.  Then I cut the papers into descending squares, and made the flower using the instructions from here.  Last, using regular old Elmer's, I glued the biggest layer to the card, then nestled the two smaller flowers, gluing in between each.  (I only put a dot of glue in the center of each layer so the petals lift up off the page a little bit, giving the card some dimension).  The final touch is a button for the center of the flower - any random button will do.  

More Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment