Saturday, March 5, 2011

Be Like the Flower - Bulletin Board

Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun.


I saw a kids flower craft kit at Walmart, and from what I could tell, the flowers were made from 3 differing sized circles cut as flowers.  I chose a bunch of coordinating papers from my big pad (the same paper from this post), and cut it into 3 different sized squares using the big paper cutter in the teachers' workroom, and then I folded the squares three times (in half vertically, then in half again horizontally, then on the diagonal) and easily cut off the rough edge in a petal shape. Paper Flower Instructions here.  This is exactly how I did the snowflakes too, but this was much easier because the flower edges have less detail.

I used push pins as the flower centers, and you can use decorative brads if you are making loose flowers or putting a flower on a card.  This took almost no time to construct, and I can use the flowers later for another purpose!  I'm thinking of letting people take one if they want one or letting students take one to give to their favorite teacher.
















No comments:

Post a Comment